If you are interested in placing an advertisement in one of CUTA's publications (Urban Mobility Forum Magazine, the Membership Directory in its print and digital format), please email SaraCatherine Goodwin at Naylor Association Solutions: email@example.com
CUTA Advertising Policy
At the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA), we strive to provide our members with the best, most relevant information on the transit industry in Canada. We accept advertising on the site to support our mandate. This policy has been established by CUTA to govern advertising on its website, including acceptance of advertisements and how advertisements are displayed on and removed from its site.
"Advertising" and "advertisement" refer to the provision of space to promote products or services in exchange for payment or other consideration. Examples of online advertising include banners, logo postings, job postings, Request for Proposals, and any other type of promotional consideration, fixed or animated, with or without hyperlinks.
"Advertorials" refers to advertising where the client has sole editorial input.
"Editorial content" means content that is not advertising.
Eligibility & Review Process
- CUTA has sole discretion to determine the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on its site. CUTA does not review or endorse any products or services that are advertised on its site. In no event shall CUTA's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product or service advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product or service.
- CUTA will not accept Advertising that, in CUTA's opinion, is not factually accurate. In addition, Advertising must not contain false or misleading claims, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- CUTA will not accept Advertising related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency event. Advertising also must not promote products that are illegal or whose distribution would violate the law, advocate a political, religious or controversial public position or candidate for public office.
- CUTA maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and editorial content. All on CUTA's site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and CUTA will not accept any Advertising on its site that is not so identified. Clicking on the ad will link to an advertiser's site. CUTA is not responsible for the content on the advertiser's site.
- CUTA may wish to create special advertorial sections of its website, consisting of content from its advertisers. Content that is created, provided or influenced by an advertiser on CUTA's site is clearly and unambiguously identified as "From Our Sponsor" or "Provided By" the advertiser. Such advertiser content is not subject to editorial review by CUTA. Any content in these areas that CUTA provides is clearly marked.