Assistant General Manager
Apply Now: Please send resume to email@example.com
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and operators while in service, and processing and verifying operations payroll. First Transit Canada hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
*NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business and contingent upon First Transit being awarded the contract. *
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervises all daily operations in the Paratransit service operations, assuring quality transit services for all passengers in accordance with contract scope specifications and ADA. Maintains an operation characterized as safe, dependable, on-time, and customer service oriented. Coordinates operations, overseeing safety and training, assignment supervisors and dispatchers, field supervisors, drivers, and clerical support. Manages daily operations recordkeeping and operating activities
- Ensures compliance of all First Transit and Agency/customer procedures and policies
- Directs all contractual services to include administrative functions, labor relations (ATU union CBA, grievances, conflict resolution), human resources, training, risk management, information technology, parts purchasing, and inventory control, facility lease and maintenance, utilities, revenue and non-revenue fleet and equipment
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (ADA, EPA, OSHA, DOT, FTA, DOL, and EEOC).
- Experience and familiarity with National Transit Database (NTD) and FTA triennial reviews and audits, and third Party contracting/subcontracts