Toronto Transit Commission
Chief Project Manager - Rapid Transit Expansion
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
We are currently seeking a Chief Project Manager on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting to the Chief Capital Officer – Engineering, Construction & Expansion Group, the Chief Project Manager is accountable for managing and directing design and construction delivery for Rapid Transit Expansion including:
- Directing and overseeing the development and maintenance of effective goals and objectives, policies, budgets, organizational structure, and quality assurance program for a large-scale subway extension project;
- Managing and delivering the Project from design through to Commissioning and operation, safely within scope, on-time, on-budget, with required quality, and in accordance with the TTC’s design standards and applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes, especially workplace safety;
- Managing and directing Project activities including staffing, project team organization, design/design requirements, procurement, construction, contract management, project controls, and commissioning activities;
- Leading and providing advice/guidance to integrated, multi-discipline TTC and consultant Project teams, and fostering a positive team work environment;
- Liaising with senior management, and elected officials and other external stakeholders, to ensure their requirements are coordinated and addressed;
- Ensuring accurate, timely reporting of financial and performance results, and any significant safety, security, human resources, or other project management issue;
- Substituting for the Chief Capital Officer as required;
- Responsible for providing leadership in overseeing the work of Department staff and consultants (either directly or through direct reports) ensuring that accessibility/accommodation needs of TTC passengers and/or employees are effectively met in a timely fashion in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer;
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of current engineering principles, methods and practices relating to the engineering design, construction, operation and maintenance of large-scale rail transit systems;
- Extensive knowledge of construction concepts, standards and procedures;
- Proven project management expertise including experience managing project delivery through proponents/constructors using alternate project delivery methods, and skills to coordinate responsibility for diverse areas with due regard for safety, quality, budget and schedule;
- In-depth understanding of business administration, fiscal concepts, and human relations concepts and practices including legislation/regulations regarding safety, construction, employment, etc.; also understanding of municipal/community issues affecting urban transit projects/services;
- Sound judgement; superior planning, organizational and leadership skills; excellent negotiation and facilitation skills; highly developed analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills; computer skills in a wide range of software applications;
- University Degree in Engineering with eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, or similar professional education and eligibility for professional accreditation in the Province of Ontario;
- Extensive directly related experience working at a senior management level in a large transit or engineering organization involved in the design and construction of major rail lines and facilities;
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
This permanent full-time position located in Toronto, Ontario reports to the Chief Capital Officer.
For job related inquiries, please contact Susan Reed Tanaka, Chief Capital Officer at (416) 393-6530.
Current Annual Salary Range: $150,000.00 - $300,000.00. Salary ranges are subject to change from time to time in accordance with TTC policies. A comprehensive benefits package is also available (subject to eligibility criteria) including Healthcare and Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Out of Country insurance coverage, and Discretionary Allowance.
This position is designated as Safety-Sensitive, Specified Management or Designated Executive under the TTC’s Fitness for Duty Policy. If you do not currently hold a designated position, you will be required to pass an alcohol and drug test as part of the certification process.
To apply, please visit www.ttc.ca
Toronto Transit Commission
1900 Yonge Street
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN THE POSTING PERIOD.
POSTING PERIOD From January 24, 2017 To May 23, 2017