Toronto Transit Commission
Chief Project Manager - Rapid Transit Expansion
We are currently seeking a Chief Project Manager on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting to the Chief Capital Officer – Engineering, Construction & Expansion Group, the Chief Project Manager is accountable for managing and directing design and construction delivery for Rapid Transit Expansion including:
- Directing and overseeing the development and maintenance of effective goals and objectives, policies, budgets, organizational structure, and quality assurance program for a large-scale subway extension project;
- Managing and delivering the Project from design through to Commissioning and operation, safely within scope, on-time, on-budget, with required quality, and in accordance with the TTC’s design standards and applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes, especially workplace safety;
- Managing and directing Project activities including staffing, project team organization, design/design requirements, procurement, construction, contract management, project controls, and commissioning activities;
- Leading and providing advice/guidance to integrated, multi-discipline TTC and consultant Project teams, and fostering a positive team work environment;
- Liaising with senior management, and elected officials and other external stakeholders, to ensure their requirements are coordinated and addressed;
- Ensuring accurate, timely reporting of financial and performance results, and any significant safety, security, human resources, or other project management issue;
- Substituting for the Chief Capital Officer as required;
- Responsible for providing leadership in overseeing the work of Department staff and consultants (either directly or through direct reports) ensuring that accessibility/accommodation needs of TTC passengers and/or employees are effectively met in a timely fashion in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer;
- Participation in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.