Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA)
The IT Manager will work closely with key stakeholders, in a leadership role, to determine the IT needs of the organization and provide a reliable, trustworthy IT infrastructure. The incumbent will utilize a hands-on approach to manage CUTAs IT output, delivering projects and initiatives that support reliable and effective service delivery that aligns with our associations growing IT needs.
This position requires an individual with a strong IT background, with experience as a Business Analyst who can understand and analyze business requirements, and create technical solutions that meet business objectives.
Essential Functions: include but are not limited to the following:
IT Infrastructure and Systems Support - Provide IT infrastructure support (local and remote offices), including network management, cloud and hosting services, hardware and software asset tracking and management and systems support. Identify and implement best practices, showing value to management.
- Manage IT business systems and infrastructure within the organization
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; Prepare proposals for major, complex and long term technical solutions, including cost analysis, time required, and alternative approaches
- Provide network level support for business applications
- Provide software installation and equipment troubleshooting across departments
Resource Management- Manage external service providers to meet service level requirements, improve system performance, and enhance security and reliability
- Evaluate, select and manage external service providers to meet service level requirements, improve system performances and enhance system security and reliability.
Business Intelligence and Continuous Improvement - ERP support and maintenance, Report creation
- Report key metrics to Senior Management
- Evaluate and implement improvement initiatives to provide user-friendly interfaces to iMis
- Maintain and troubleshoot iMis/ERP to ensure consistent, reliable functionality
- Consult with users across organization to understand business objectives and plan efficiency initiatives
- Support users with iMis issues and resolution and provide end-user training and documentation
- Create manage and update SSRS and Crystal reports, automating where appropriate