Durham Region Transit Commission
October 30, 2018
November 20, 2018
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, Operations, the position currently works from both Raleigh and Westney locations and manages the Operations functions for Durham Region Transit (DRT).
The incumbent will:
- Develop and manage on-road transit services to ensure that routing and vehicle support services are provided in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Monitor the effectiveness of service delivery through ongoing analysis of route performance indicators and adjusts service as required
- Manage employee attendance and performance consistent with the Region's policies and procedures
- Develop and monitor operating and capital budgets
- Act as a front line leader to facilitate effective labour relations and ensure a cohesive workforce.
- Assess, recommend and facilitate staffing levels
- Responsible for investigations and operational responses to accidents/incidents, customer inquiries, and passenger complaints
- Participate in labour relations as they pertain to operations
- Must be willing to rotate amongst Manager roles as required/requested