District of West Vancouver
Operations Superintendent - Transit
The District of West Vancouver’s Transit Department (West Vancouver Blue Bus) is seeking a permanent full-time Operations Superintendent. Reporting to the Transit Manager, this position is responsible for overseeing the day to day provision of regular, special and charter services of the Transit system.
Key Accountabilities Include:
• Ensuring the smooth operation of the Transit system including efficient interfaces with other Transit systems and BC Ferries;
• Preparing and monitoring department operating and capital budgets in conjunction with the Transit Manager;
• Providing management direction to employees by planning and supervising work, while ensuring optimum utilization of staff through their selection, training, development, and motivation;
• Planning, costing, and implementing new routes or additional trips during regular operations or for special events where applicable, while maintaining public timetables and employee shift assignments accordingly;
• Building and maintaining effective communication with internal and external clients, including responding to public inquiries, requests, and concerns as appropriate; and,
• Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned.