Senior Transit Planner
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Senior Transit Planner is accountable for providing senior planning expertise and leadership to medium/ higher scope planning projects that include transit operational plans, transit service plans, long range transit plans, feasibility studies and defining capital project requirements and policy development in a multi disciplinary team environment.
- Leads planning projects, contributes advanced planning expertise to the development and implementation of plans and projects, identifies and recommends action on planning and project risks and opportunities;
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, keep them informed and resolve issues. Liaises with and provides technical support and advice to municipal representatives, council, committees, special interest groups and the general public regarding a variety of planning, operational, accessibility and budget issues;
- Prepares professional quality reports, other written materials and oral reports for dissemination to BC Transit management team, BC Transit Board of Directors, municipal councils and staff, external agencies and the general public;
- Contributes as a senior member of the Transit Planning Team providing guidance to other planning professionals by sharing the benefit of an advanced level of expertise and providing leadership to designated projects. Oversees contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance;
- Collaborates with leaders and professionals across the organization, with a view to optimizing planning services and project outcomes;
- Performs related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.