TL Project Manager, Bus Speed & Reliability
Manages one or more projects with medium/higher scope related to transportation policy, forecasting, infrastructure/service development in an integrated, multi-modal environment.
Leads the development and implementation of TransLink's Bus Speed & Reliability Program.
- Manages complex, large scope projects, providing technical expertise and leadership to the project. Performs all aspects of project management from concept to implementation, and leads project teams in the fulfilment of project deliverables.
- Develops project specifications, schedules, and work plans, and defines deliverables, ensuring compliance with Department standards, policies and procedures. Develops project plans, ensuring alignment to Program goals. Develops, monitors and tracks project budgets.
- Contributes as a member of a program team, identifying and recommending/taking action on project-related risks and opportunities, alerting Manager to critical issues. Identifies and resolves project issues such as those related to scheduling, resourcing, cost-overruns, conflicting agendas and technical issues.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization, with a view to scoping out project requirements and moving forward on achievement of project deliverables, troubleshooting and resolving problems as required.
- Conducting technical/policy research and analysis; prepares reports and presentations.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, keep them informed and resolve moderate issues. Provides technical support and advice to municipal/provincial working teams and advisory committees.
- Manages relationships with contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance.
- Manages project teams, providing project-related guidance and work direction, and providing input to performance management.