We received a large number of applications for the Awards Committee, thank you to all applicants. And congratulations to our new members who will be joining the committee:
- Sarah Phillips, Marketing Manager, BC Transit
- Phil Herritt, Acting Brand Manager/Director of Bus & LRT Operations, Edmonton Transit
- Genevieve Bourbeau, Director Marketing and Communications, STM
- Marc-Andre Varin, General Manager, ATUQ
- Leslie Richard, Director, Strategic Services Central Canada, SNC Lavalin
Awards Program 2018
The CUTA Awards program is a premier event that has been held at every conference since 2000. The program recognizes the achievements of CUTA transit systems and business members as well as employees and volunteers. It’s been seven years since the program was last reviewed and with the move to one annual CUTA conference, now is a good time to review the program and see how it can be enhanced and updated.
To undertake the review, a Task Force of 10 CUTA members is being formed with the mandate to review the awards program, categories, criteria and awards selection process; to consider new categories; and to recommend changes or improvements to the program. The Task Force will also address how the combined Corporate and Leadership awards format with be featured in the annual conference. The timeline is to have a report available for the meeting of CUTA directors in June, with implementation for the forthcoming fall conference in Toronto in November.
The Call For Nomination will be open this summer, please stay tuned!