Electrification & Alternative Propulsion
The transportation sector is the second largest emitter of GHG emissions in Canada on an annual basis. Being at the core of sustainable and resilient city building, transit can help cut these sectoral emissions not only by taking private vehicles off the road, but also by modernizing its own equipment. As modern urban planning continues to emphasize the reduction of carbon footprints, transit systems are greening their operations by adopting alternative propulsion technologies that shift transit away from the carbon economy to sustainable sources such as electrification and alternative fuelling.
Would you like to submit material for consideration as a resource on this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webinar: Managing the Transition to Scheduling and Operating Electric Buses
- Visualization: Greening the Transit Industry
- Webinar: The Electrification of Canadian Urban Bus Transit
- Road to Electrification Web Application
- 5 Step Guide to Greening the Transit Industry and Reducing Canada's GHG Emissions