Don’t miss this unique opportunity to expand your industry knowledge at the only transit asset management course in Canada! After all, great asset management translates into great service delivery.
Come and learn from internationally recognized experts about the building blocks of asset management (AM). Over the course of 10 weeks of training modules, using invaluable templates and resource materials, this course will set the new standard for AM expertise in transit.
This self-paced online course will teach you how to manage your operation's assets (buses/rolling stock, equipment/tools, and facilities, stations and stops) to provide a sustained level of service in a cost-effective manner and at an acceptable level of risk.
Dynamic training modules will lead participants all the way from defining terms to developing AM plans that affect fleet availability, life cycle costing, parts and supplies, maintenance, financial concepts and controls, performance measurements and key indicators.
At the end of this learning event, learners will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of AM and apply its principles to five public transit asset classes (facility, stations and shelters, guideways and track, rolling stock, and systems)
- Measure and evaluate existing AM policies and procedures
- Use the templates provided to create a detailed AM plan for each asset class
- Apply lifecycle planning, costing and budgets for each asset class
- Prepare a transit AM plan and annual work plans that reflect the stages of asset procurement, maintenance, overhaul and disposal
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor the state of your organization’s transit assets
- Move your organization up on the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Asset Management Readiness Scale
There are no prerequisites for this learning event
If you have any questions, please email Kevin Brown or call (416)365-9800 extension 121