MVT Canadian Bus, Inc.
Post Date: July 6, 2021
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Our Barrie Transit team is looking to hire Full-Time Transit Operators. Drivers are responsible for providing safe, reliable transportation and exceptional customer service.
• Be over the age of 19 and legally entitled to work in Canada
• Possess a valid “C” or “B” Ontario Driver’s License with “Z” (airbrakes) endorsement
• Have a minimum of 3 year’s driving experience and an acceptable Driving Record
• Be able to pass a Criminal Background Check and provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
• Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Have a good knowledge of the transit service area, Highway Traffic Act and defensive driving techniques
• Be flexible to work a number of shifts including days, weekends, holidays and evenings
Successful applicants receive full paid training; however work experience in any of the following areas is desirable:
• Previous professional driving experience
• Experience working with the elderly or persons with disabilities (for Specialized Drivers)
• Customer service experience, or experience working with the general public