Region of Durham
Post Date: January 18, 2023
Application Deadline: February 13, 2023
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful applicant will support the coordination and delivery of Regional road and/or rapid transit projects in a manner that achieves a safe and efficient Regional Road system that balances mobility requirements with the needs of the Regional community.
The incumbent will:
– Support, coordinate and complete the technical review and commenting of submissions, plans and operational activities which have an impact on the Regional road and transit systems to preserve the functional integrity of the present and future road and transit network
– Provide technically consistent designs and comments; deliver timely well-engineered plans by assisting with providing technical leadership and direction to staff and clients
– Planning and organizing the activities and work execution of technical staff, support staff and consultants
– Contribute to identifying and securing funding for Regional road and rapid transit improvements and programs to ensure proposals, projects and programs are financially feasible by identifying and addressing financial implications
– Mentor and guide staff to ensure the most effective and cost-efficient use of staff resources; promote staff responsibility, empowerment and awareness; and to implement corporate, departmental, and branch directives
– Assist with the initiation, preparation and delivery of plans and proposals for more complex transportation projects and plans pertaining to the Regional road and rapid transit systems to develop a transportation system which complies with and follows the intent of Regional policies, initiatives and industry guidelines; and to address transportation system needs in terms of the system vision.
– Facilitate the Division’s role in coordinating transportation issues involving multiple divisions, departments and external agencies, to maintain an integrated transportation system which addresses Regional concerns
– Represent the Regional Corporation to satisfy legislated requirements and expectations
– Work in accordance with the provisions of applicable health and safety legislation and all corporate/departmental policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety