City of Niagara Falls
Post Date: June 10, 2021
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
Repair and maintain all vehicles as required
1. Repairs all Transit owned vehicles including, diesel and gasoline engines, brakes, transmissions, tires, etc. Performs minor body and glass repairs as needed.
2. Operates computerized diagnostic equipment including printer and conducts road tests to determine vehicle repairs required.
3. Performs daily running repairs and scheduled maintenance inspections.
4. Performs semi-annual and annual inspections as per the Ministry of Transportation Motor Vehicle Inspection Station Guidelines.
5. Performs service calls, repairing vehicles on-site as needed to transport to garage.
6. Operates cutting and welding equipment as needed.
7. Familiar with air systems, hydraulic systems (transmissions, fluid fans).
8. Diagnoses and repairs hydraulic equipment on transit vehicles; checks, repairs, and replaces pumps, valves, oil and related parts.
9. Cleans vehicle body and engines to facilitate repairs. Installs decals, mats, safety and first aid equipment, etc.
10. Completes paperwork, e.g. record of work performed, inspection certificates, etc.
11. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of equipment & procedures. Attends training sessions, review manuals, etc.
12. Performs preventative maintenance/seasonal overhauls on all vehicles.
13. Performs other similar and related duties to this position, as assigned.