Fee Schedule 2021
Membership fees are payable in Canadian dollars and are for the calendar year. Fees entitle all staff at the member organization to access member benefits.
Fees for manufacturers, suppliers, and consultants are based on annual revenue generated in the Canadian transit or urban mobility sectors.
|Tier||Annual revenue in Canada||Fee ($)|
|From ($)||To ($)|
Special business categories
- Sole proprietors – For owners of businesses with no employees, the fee is $762.91.
- Operating companies – Fees for businesses that provide contracted operating services to municipalities or transit agencies are calculated similarly to transit systems. Please contact email@example.com for an exact calculation.
Note: Business member fees include a supplement to fund our advocacy initiatives and a supplement to fund special business member initiatives. If businesses acquire other businesses and maintain separate brands, they are expected to maintain separate memberships at CUTA. If businesses merge into one brand, then all fees are transitioned to one fee. Business members are expected to restate their revenues each year.
- Associations – Councils, institutes, alliances, foundations, federations, societies, etc. pay $298.70.
- Trade agencies – $298.70
- Universities or colleges (faculty) – $298.70
- Students – $72.10
- Individuals – Retired members or members of the general public who are not associated with urban mobility pay $232.78.
- Unions – Unions representing employees of CUTA members pay $1 per member, with a minimum of $744.69 and a maximum of $7,472.65.
- Transit user groups – $298.70
- Federal – Lead agency pays $29,333.37. Additional departments or agencies pay $2,933.33.
- Provincial – Fees for each agency or ministry, based on the province’s urban population are calculated at $100 per 30,000 residents, with a minimum of $994.98 and a maximum of $29,333.37. Additional agencies or ministries pay 10%.
- Regional/Municipal – Fees depend on whether the region or municipality operates a transit system.
- An agency responsible for transit operations pays a fee based on its transit operations, capped at $18,319. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the exact amount.
- An agency responsible for funding lower tier agencies pays a fee based on the gross operating cost of its transit systems, at $4 per million dollars of gross operating costs, with a minimum of $994.98 and a maximum of $9,162.88.
- An agency that does not operate or fund transit pays a flat fee of $1,068.11.
Fees are based on the transit system’s annual operating expenses. This ranges from $1,155 to $73,997, including an advocacy supplement to fund our advocacy initiatives. For assistance with the calculation, please contact email@example.com. Transit systems are expected to report operating data each year.