Progressive Conservative Party of New Brunswick
Minority Government elected September 24, 2018
Minister Responsible for Public Transit
- Bill Oliver (Transportation and Infrastructure)
- Dorothy Shephard (Social Development)
Political and Electoral News
- The September 2018 election resulted in a hung Parliament.
Funding and Program Announcements
- New Brunswick usually does not provide operational or capital funding to support transit operations. That changed when the federal government allocated $8.74 million to the province under the Public Transit Infrastructure Fund (PTIF).
- Starting in 2019, New Brunswick will receive more than $165 million over ten years in federal funding for public transit infrastructure.