Spring Summit & AGM 2022
Keep Transit Moving and “EMPOWER” cities
Public transit empowers communities and keeps them moving. And lots has changed since we last met in person. How transit is powered is changing. Covid changed how transit is used. And how transit systems are empowering everyone through new diversity, inclusion, and accessibility initiatives is changing, too.
Fortunately, how we’re meeting is also changing. And for the first time in too long, we’ll be connecting face-to-face—with a virtual option, too—at CUTA’s Spring Summit. It’s being held in beautiful, historic Quebec City from April 3-5, 2022.
If there’s something you’d like to present, we’d love to hear more. Our call for abstracts is open, and you can submit something here.
The deadline to submit is Friday December 17, 2021, although we encourage interested presenters to submit abstracts earlier, if possible.
We welcome abstracts in the following areas:
ADAPTING TO MODERN WORKFORCE CHALLENGES
- How are you overcoming staff shortages, such as operator resignations?
- How are you helping employees adapt for new technologies?
- Do you have any strategies to increase vaccination rates among workers?
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN TRANSIT
- Are there any recruitment successes you’ve had in promoting gender equity in leadership positions?
- How are you working towards a workforce that reflects your community’s racial and ethnic diversity?
- Are you working with Indigenous peoples and communities in ways that use transit to foster reconciliation?
UTILIZING ELECTRIFICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR FLEET MODERNIZATION
- How are you training workers for new electric vehicles?
- Have you experienced any successes or challenges in retrofitting garages?
- How are you determining the right kind of technology for your fleet?
FUTURE-FOCUSED TECHNOLOGIES & DYNAMIC SERVICE MODELS
- Do you have any successes in expanding on-demand transit?
- As additional to urban service?
- As new rural service?
- Advice on how to best select vendors for software?
- How are you effectively leveraging data in an era of fluctuating ridership?
WHAT DOES “HUMAN FOCUSED” TRANSIT LOOK LIKE?
- How are you using an improved customer experience to encourage a return to transit?
- Were you able to make progress in integrated urban mobility during the pandemic? How?
- Are there any successes in moving towards “15-minute cities” you can share?
- How are you making your transit system more accessible?
Thank you in advance for your submissions!
We look forward to seeing you in Quebec City, this Spring!