City of Oakville
Post Date: Apr 17, 2023
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is being offered as a full time permanent staff
compliment to the Transit Department (Maintenance Division). Duties will include but not be restricted
• Diagnoses and/or corrects problems with Cummins diesel engines and Allison and ZF automatic
transmissions using computer diagnostic equipment and or maintenance manuals.
• Diagnose and repair IO, VBEA, and Vansco Multiplex wiring systems
• Diagnose and repair issues with brakes, steering and other bus components in a safe and
efficient manner in accordance with approved procedures and practices.
• Perform routine services and MTO inspections; records readings, and repairs made.
• Lubricates, refuels, changes oil, services tires and batteries, etc., when assigned.
• Work is on a shift basis covering up to a 7-day per week operation.
• Performing other duties as assigned.