City of Calgary
Post Date: Apr 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Apr 28, 2023
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Track Maintainer, you will work under the direction of the Track Supervisor and perform heavy manual work involving the routine maintenance and inspections of the Light Rail Transit (LRT) right-of-ways. Primary duties include:
- Perform maintenance on the track and right-of-way as required by: cleaning switches and tracks; greasing/lubricating tracks, as required; changing or replacing track or track components; and monitoring track for wear or damages.
- Inspect track infrastructure.
- Operate various vehicles/equipment as necessary, such as: forklifts, cranes, hi-rail equipment and track sweeper.
- Maintain tools and equipment required to perform assigned work.
- Ensure cleanliness of right-of-way is upheld, and that safe working conditions are maintained in the work area.
- Participate in health and safety meetings and work groups, ensuring that any defective equipment is reported promptly.