City of Brampton
Post Date: August 9, 2023
Application Deadline: September 7, 2023
Reporting to the Supervisor, Business Systems, this position is responsible for providing analysis, process modeling and support to established and proposed Transit systems, in order to ensure optimum functionality and configuration that supports user requirements. This role provides excellent service while protecting the integrity of Transit systems.
1. Business Analyst: Monitors and recommends changes to business processes and supporting technology to improve the quality of service plan deliverables. Represents Brampton Transit on various Committees with both internal and external stakeholders. Reviews data, trends and correlations to identify related issues. Responsible for gathering user technical and business requirements and developing into a conceptual design. Collates, analyzes and interprets data dealing with complex problems and unexpected situations, including making recommendations. Implements approved process improvements, using project management methodology to document processes, functionality, time lines and expected results. Establishes performance measurement based tools, develops and maintains business intelligence (BI) reports and dashboards. Participates in test plans development and review sessions. Flags concerns and escalates to appropriate level for performance or system infringement issues to ensure integrity of data. Retrieves statistical data on users and identifies deviations for appropriate correction or review measures. Regularly reports on system usage
and continuously strives to maintain the integrity of the system and its’ users. Provides analytical advice and assimilates data for statistical overviews. Troubleshoots issues to ensure prompt resolution within the confines of system accountability.
2. Day-to-day operational support: Responds to user identified system issues and concerns in a timely way. Ensures required functionality and reporting capability meets the needs of the Corporation and end users. Liaise with System vendor in ensuring identified issues are resolved, tested and implemented in a timely fashion. Identify associated business risks and any potential impact on Transit Systems and or Service delivery. Maintains the department security tree and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and methodologies. Keep abreast of software development and makes applicable recommendations. Effective and quick resolution to problems is required so that systems are operationally maximized. Participates in testing and implementation of system modules and provides final approval for system acceptance testing.
3. Continuous Improvement and Financial Accountability: Continuously reviews practices and processes to identify opportunities for improvement. Works with staff to formulate business process maps and standard operating procedures. Keeps abreast of emerging trends to determine the future strategic direction of the Transit business systems. Works with Transit’s finance team related to capital and operating budgets and ensures appropriate controls are in place. Makes budget recommendations using best practice reviews for system improvements and determines financial impacts for consideration. Utilizing best practice reviews, integrates business processes and procedures that will support the Transit business operations. Makes recommendations for pertinent communication as it relates to changes to ensure seamless system operation. Provides various reports that support the activities within the Transit Department.
4. User Support and System Management: Oversees and directs third party vendors in the management of related system functions and provides feedback on vendor/system performance. Advises Supervisor on problems, issues, and performance issues of system usage. Defines and documents business functions and processes and consults with functional and Transit management staff to identify, define and document procedures, problems and security levels of system access. Lead new release changes associated with system deployments through coordination of COB and the Vendor change processes to achieve desired goal. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of various procedures and functions within Transit business units. Provides training materials and conducts end user training sessions. Coordinates end user testing. Provides user support and troubleshoots functionality issues. Communicates business objectives and articulates end user needs in committees and meetings. Ensures the system is not compromised with improper usage or tracking and provides technical assistance, mentoring and coaching of a technical nature.
5. Project teams: Leads and/or participates on project teams and focus groups for project initiation, development and upgrades. Work with team members to identify opportunities and risks to current and forecasted projects. May liaise with third party vendors, other Transit Agencies and various other Transit industry partners in the discussion of issues and requests, and in identification of solutions.