Post Date: July 26, 2023
Application Deadline: July 30, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Climate Change and Energy Specialist to join our team to Reporting to the Community Growth, Investment and Sustainability (CGIS) Director the Climate Change and Energy Specialist is responsible for:
- Assess the annual GHG data including measurements and monitoring of GHG emissions.
- Implement and measure the climate action plan targets, track and measure progress and GHG emissions, and report to council.
- Ensure that the GHG emissions reduction plan, including the measurement and monitoring protocols, is current and that all required approvals are monitored and kept up to date.
- Ensure that climate change impacts to the vulnerability of infrastructure are accounted for in all projects.
- Develop and promote the adoption of municipal operational and institutional changes that will ensure GHG emission reductions over the long term for the municipality.
- Research, propose and implement operational and institutional changes required to action recommendations from the Environmental Master Plan and Climate Action Plan and ensure longterm impacts for the Town.
- Oversee a green building standard internal guideline for municipal facilities retrofits and new builds.
- Conduct research & analysis for implementing municipal GHG emissions reductions.
- Assist with or lead public education programs.