City of Brampton
Post Date: July 20, 2023
Application Deadline: August 9, 2023
Reporting to the Supervisor of Training and Safety, this position is accountable for developing, facilitating, and implementing training programs for the City’s Transit Operators and employees, so that standards around licensing, customer service, public safety, and quality are met or exceeded.
1. Develop, deliver, and coordinate delivery of training for new and existing Brampton Transit Operators and employees. Ensure that training programs and the training environment meets government and City standards and result in the successful licensing of employees and the safety of the public and staff. Monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, techniques, and equipment and develop standard safe operating procedures (SOPs).
2. Operational excellence. Identify risks or gaps and proactively develop training programs to minimize exposure. Keep updated on best practices through affiliations and research, and recommend changes as required by changing demands in the work environment.
3. Provide customer service through the investigation of public and staff complaints as it relates to employee actions and/or behavior.
4. Ensure documentation related to licensing, driving records, and customer complaints are kept up-to-date and accessible in the appropriate database and according to legislative (MTO) requirements. Provide reports to management as required, including verbal presentations. Provide statistical overviews of safety and training data.
5. Oversee collision & incident investigation investigate all safety concerns, gather evidence, conduct interviews, analyze data, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders. Determine the cause and contributing factors of the collision, providing recommendations to prevent future incidents to enhance transit safety.