is British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd
Post Date: August 2, 2023
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
- Directs the Guideway and Rail Borne Equipment, Signaling & Telecommunications and Power Maintenance Departments and oversees all associated facilities, vehicles, and systems, ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations
- Participates as a member of the division leadership team, supporting the Vice President and the Maintenance Division in development of divisional plans, and sharing accountability for divisional achievements. Leads development of departmental goals, objectives, plans and budgets in support of BCRTC’s enterprise strategies and objectives.
- Directs short and long-term strategic and tactical planning for Railway Systems. Includes development and oversight of all related business plans, submissions, and budgets, including operating impacts of capital programs. Translates broad business goals into short- and long-term strategies and plans to feed into BCRTC and TransLink long-term strategic and financial planning.
- Strategically directs the work of the Power, Guideway and Signaling & Telecommunications through appropriate managers with responsibility for the selection, training, motivation and performance management of staff and the maintenance of safe work practices. Manages internal relationships to resolve issues of significant impact.
- Develops plans, directs, and coordinates, through subordinate level staff and division managers, the Railway Systems Department’s work plan, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and ensures compliance to both the budget and annual maintenance plan.
- Assumes the role of Project Sponsor and will have full authority for delivery of major departmental projects and will be accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of project delivery.
- Directs the development of performance standards, productivity measures and key performance indicators relating to Railway Systems. Liaises with multiple internal and external stakeholders on all Department-related matters, including delivery of presentations/recommendations/advice to the BCRTC executive team, BCRTC Board, and TransLink management.
- Manages, develops and coaches reporting managers, and also oversees all people
- management for union and exempt staff in reporting areas. Includes developing and maintaining departmental succession plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The requirements for this job would be acquired through a degree in engineering, planning or a related discipline, and 10 years of related experience in commuter or passenger rail maintenance management.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Expert knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques of engineering, design, civil construction, and land development as it pertains to fixed asset infrastructure management, development, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of emergency planning & business resiliency/continuity practices
- Advanced knowledge of financial forecasting, modeling, financial analysis, lifecycle costing, business case development and all related reporting
- Advanced communication interpersonal skills to provide expert advice to senior leaders, direct others, negotiate, and resolve complex issues with key stakeholders inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated general and change management leadership skills are required.
- Advanced planning, project management, organizational and time management skills to develop strategic and tactical plans, oversee development of lifecycle schedules, and act as lead on major capital projects.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Advanced analytical skills to direct the assessment of infrastructure requirements, interpret results, and identify critical needs and potential exposures.
- Advanced leadership, development and team building skills to manage a large group of management, exempt and union staff.
- Sound knowledge of relevant standards, legislation, acts and regulatory requirements, knowledge specific to the rail industry would be an asset.
- Due to the nature of the 24/7 services, we provide, there may be times where late or extra hours are required.
This position works predominately on-site.
Rate of Pay
The Total Compensation Package includes Extended Health, Dental, Transit Pass and enrollment in the Public Service Pension Plan. Focus on your development through tuition reimbursement, training, and mentorship programs. Enjoy a variety of health and wellness programs, including access to gym facilities. Speak to us to know more about what we offer.
How to Apply
Posting Date: June 30, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ’s by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at [email protected].