City of Brampton
Post Date: May 3, 2021
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Foreperson, Vehicle Maintenance, rebuilds/repairs all Transit vehicles and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Repairs all Transit owned vehicles including, diesel and gasoline engines, brakes, transmissions, tires, etc. Performs minor body and glass repairs as needed.
- Operates computerized diagnostic equipment including printer and conducts road tests to determine vehicle repairs required. Transports vehicles to/from outside repair facilities, streets and roads, etc.
- Performs daily running repairs and scheduled maintenance inspections.
- Performs service calls, repairing vehicles on-site as needed to transport to garage.
- Operates cutting and welding equipment as needed.
- Familiar with air systems, hydraulic systems (transmissions, fluid fans).
- Diagnoses and repairs hydraulic equipment on transit vehicles; checks, repairs, and replaces pumps, valves, oil and related parts.
- Cleans vehicle body and engines to facilitate repairs. Installs decals, mats, safety and first aid equipment, etc.
- Prepares list of required repair parts for the foreman.
- Modifies or fabricates equipment according to user Department specifications.
- Completes paperwork, e.g. individual time sheets, record of work performed, inspection certificates, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of equipment & procedures. Attends training sessions, reviews manuals, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance/seasonal overhauls on all vehicles.
- Performs semi-annual and annual inspections as per the Ministry of Transportation Motor Vehicle Inspection Station Guidelines.
- Performs other similar and related duties to this position, as assigned.