City of Calgary
Post Date: August 2, 2023
Application Deadline: August 11, 2023
As a Transit Planner you will use your knowledge of transit operations and planning principles to be accountable for one quadrant of the city, developing a detailed understanding of transit routes, facilities, and community issues in relation to the overall service. Primary duties include:
• Coordinate with multiple parties to develop and implement transit network service plans to meet community and regional travel needs based on established City of Calgary and Calgary Transit policies, budgets, and objectives.
• Negotiate with internal and external parties to ensure public transit requirements are included in local area plans, infrastructure projects, development proposals, and other projects.
• Analyze data and use professional experience to develop recommendations for supervisors and management on a range of transit planning subject matter, such as facility siting, operational improvements, and enhancements to the customer experience.
• Collaborate with planners, engineers, and specialists in the Development Applications Review Team (DART) on behalf of Calgary Transit to ensure the best outcomes for Calgarians.
• Support special projects related to strategic initiatives, management and Council priorities, and emerging issues identified by the business unit leadership.
• Work with specialists from across the business unit to support Calgary Transit customers by responding to planned and unplanned service disruptions.
• Support Calgary Transit’s asset management system by tracking/updating asset data, and submitting work orders to maintain assets (bus zone signs, shelters, benches, etc.).
• Respond to inquiries from interested parties, undertake field work and attend public events as a representative of Calgary Transit.