Post Date: March 28, 2022
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Network Operations Control – PMO Office is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to represent and coordinate business requirements to internal stakeholders and stay involved during deployment to identify LEAN improvements to optimize functionality of systems solutions by tracking performance and mitigating implementation risks on significant projects.
What will I be doing?
• Develop a thorough understanding of the business goals, practices and processes to translate into system functionality and user-requirements that define project scope and specifications.
• Translate high-level, conceptual business strategies and objectives into user-requirements and processes to guide service development activities.
• Investigate business functions and processes and propose improvements to make best use of technology, data and controls to improve effectiveness and customer-service experience; facilitates operational improvement initiatives.
• identify and facilitate development of documentation for new and modified business policies and procedures (e.g., standard operating procedures (SOPs) and workflows) to ensure effective implementation of technology solutions.
• Facilitate dialogue and discussion between the business and internal and external providers to assist with prioritizing between competing objectives (e.g., run meetings, focus groups, joint sessions, workshops).
• Assist the business to prepare business cases, briefing material, understand scope limitations, and manage expectations during project implementation.
• Lead change management efforts, including communications and risk mitigation strategies, to prepare the business office for successful adoption of system changes to achieve business goals.
• Promote a coherent corporate approach and structured methodologies to application delivery and continuous improvement