City of Whitehorse
Post Date: December 29, 2021
Application Deadline: January 5, 2022
The incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the Transit Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee, supervise and evaluate transit operations on a daily basis.
• Recruits, directs, trains, schedules and appraises the performance of reporting staff. Is authorized to issue verbal reprimands and contributes to higher levels of discipline in accordance with the progressive discipline directive.
• Participate in the development of policies, procedures and practices.
• Respond to and investigate complaints from the general public.
• Ensure staff compliance with established federal, territorial and municipal laws, policies and procedures.
• Prepares and monitors (controls), under the direction of the Manager, Transit Services, the transit section’s operating and capital budgets.
• Prepares and evaluates tenders, quotations, proposal calls and reports or awards or recommends awards in accordance with the City’s Purchasing Policy.
• Research, prepare reports, compile statistics, perform analysis and recommend activities to maximize efficiencies.
• Develop and distribute announcements, brochures, bus schedules, advertising and press releases to promote transit services.
• Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that reporting staff follow established safety procedures and standards.
• Act as Manager, Transit Services, as assigned.
• Other related duties