City Of Brantford
Post Date: January 27, 2022
Application Deadline: February 7, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Fleet & Transit Services, the Transit Planner assists with the development and recommendations of short, medium, and long-term policies and programs impacting the delivery of transportation service, including levels of service, service routing, and nature/type of service to be provided, with such programs and policies being consistent with the Brantford Transit’s Long Term Growth Strategy, the City’s Official Plan and Transportation Master Plan.
- Undertakes the collection and evaluation of the service information database systems for operational and planning purposes
- Assists in liaising with City department on issues relating to land-use and transportation planning
- Prepares, provides mapping and data analyses and recommendations for service levels, service routing, and nature/type of service to be provided
- Oversees and coordinates the passenger shelter and bench programs
- Working in coordination with Operations and Communications to re-rout service due to construction projects, emergency detours, etc. and internal and external communications of the same.
- Coordinates the planning and administration of the bus stop program, liaise with internal and external departments and the general public, ensuring bus stops are accurate and AVL information is timely and up to date
- Undertakes the review of site plans, plans of subdivisions and community planning, re: impact on transit, specialized transit, and provides analysis for review.
- Oversees and provides administrative assistance as required regarding departmental matters, such as, but not limited to, fleet onboard equipment including CAD/AVL, fare collection, camera systems, and electronic destination signs.
- Responsibilities to include route planning and new technologies for service delivery, oversee driver scheduling and re-routing of service regarding construction projects.
- Represents the Director or the Manager of Transit at internal/external meetings as required and serves as a member/leader of other project teams (internal and external) as may be required from time to time
- Performs other duties as assigned.