City of Brampton
Date de publication: 27 janvier 2022
Date limite: 9 février 2022
(EN ANGLAIS SEULEMENT)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance this position coordinates the day-to-day activity of various disciplines to ensure all buses are safe, operational and clean, and that they meet Corporate and regulatory standards.
- Provide daily supervision of vehicle maintenance staff and equipment. Is readily available to answer staff questions, provide on-the-job training and clear instructions. Motivate staff, mediate and investigate root causes to resolve conflicts. Accountable for scheduling and coordination of staff activities to ensure efficient operation while holding staff accountable, meeting standards and in full compliance of regulations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping and reporting of a wide range of performance indicators. Ensures completion and submission of Ministry of Transportation Inspections, Drive Clean program, follow-up and report on Joint Health and Safety inspections and issues, accident damage, warranty, manufacturer recalls, Transport Canada recalls and WSIB forms.
- Provide leadership by creating programs, schedules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for staff. Ensure SOPs and equipment are up-to-date to maximize productivity without compromising standards and safety. Engage the services of outside suppliers to purchase just-in-time repair parts and to perform services. Oversee the inventory of spare parts through a stockroom with a perpetual inventory and procurement.
- Recommend changes in on-site procedures to respond to regulatory changes (i.e. safety) and to meet customer service expectations. Identify training and development needs of the team, and inform Supervisor.
- Share information with Supervisor and others regularly. Assist with budget preparation and setting financial controls. Represent function at meetings and as required on committees. Provide information for RFQs and RFPs. Respond to questions from internal and external stakeholders.